Pukki ‘really excited’ by chance to show what he can do in England with Canaries
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Teemu Pukki is 'really excited' to have a chance to impress in England with Norwich City.
The Finland international striker has joined the Canaries on a free transfer after four seasons with Danish side Brondby, signing a three-year deal.
Pukki previously had spells with Sevilla, Schalke and Celtic, with limited success, but was keen to try his luck in the Championship after 72 goals in 164 games for Brondby.
'I played four years in Denmark and I felt I needed some new experiences and then I had good talks with the boss (Daniel Farke) and the sporting director (Stuart Webber), and I think that was the last thing that made me make the decision to come here,' Pukki explained.
'I also came here one day before to see the stadium and see the training ground, and I was really pleased with how they were doing things here.
'I've played in Spain, Germany and also Scotland, Denmark and Finland, and as I said I needed some new experiences. The football in England is probably the biggest country to play in the world, and I'm really excited to be here and play in England.'
The speedy and tenacious forward has scored 12 goals in 62 appearances for Finland and joins up with City fresh from having won the Danish Cup in May, finishing with 19 goals in 44 games in all competitions last season.
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 4 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 5 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 6 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 7 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday
- 8 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 9 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
- 10 North Norfolk glamping site named among best in the UK
'Of course I'm a striker and the job for strikers is mostly to score goals so that's one thing I want to bring to the team,' he continued, speaking to City's website.
'I would say I'm quite good moving up there and I have good runs, and I will work for the team.'
Pukki has been working with his new team-mates at Colney ahead of Friday night's first friendly of pre-season at King's Lynn Town (7.45pm kick-off), which is followed by a trip to Lincoln City on Tuesday.
'The first couple of days have been just training and getting to know the guys so it will take time to really settle in,' Pukki added. 'But there's lots of time before the real games start – so it's good to be here every day, train with the guys and also when we start having some friendlies to play some games also.
'It was a good time to come and hopefully be fully settled when the real games start.'