Preview: Manchester United v Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City take on Manchester United on Saturday at 3pm.
Manchester United, currently fourth in the Premier League, could have Wayne Rooney, Chris Smalling and Ander Herrera back in action.
Rooney - whose next appearance will be his 500th for United - has missed three games due to an ankle injury and Smalling and Herrera have been sidelined by groin and hamstring problems respectively, but all three have trained for a full week building up to the match.
Ashley Young is a doubt with a knock and Bastian Schweinsteiger remains suspended, while Jesse Lingard (leg), Matteo Darmian (hamstring), Marcos Rojo (shoulder), Antonio Valencia (foot) and Luke Shaw (leg) are all unavailable.
Norwich, who dropped into the relegation zone last week, will be without on-loan Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom (hamstring).
Goalkeeper John Ruddy is available for selection as the club continue an internal investigation into his involvement in a late-night fracas at a city-centre taxi rank, but Declan Rudd is expected to again be first choice at Old Trafford.
You may also want to watch:
Winger Matt Jarvis, on loan from West Ham, has stepped up his rehabilitation from a knee injury and could feature after Christmas.
Last five league matches: Man Utd W W D D L; Norwich W L D L D
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 9 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
Top scorers: Wayne Rooney & Anthony Martial (Man Utd) 7; Nathan Redmond (Norwich) 4
Match odds: H 2-5 A 15-2 D 17-5
Referee: Michael Oliver (Northumberland)
•Pick up the EDP on Saturday for the best pre-match coverage in the Pink 'Un.
•We'll have live coverage of the match on this site from 1.45pm on Saturday