Press conference recap: Canaries prepare for Blackburn trip
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The fitness of Timm Klose and Moritz Leitner was top of the agenda as Norwich City boss Daniel Farke spoke to the media ahead of his high-flying team's trip to Blackburn on Saturday.
The influential duo have both been missing through injury in recent weeks, a knee issue causing Klose to miss the 2-2 draw at Bristol City and 3-2 home win over Bolton, and a calf problem keeping Leitner out of the 3-1 home win over Rotherham and 0-0 draw at Hull prior to those games.
The second-placed Canaries have managed to extend their unbeaten run to 10 matches and maintained a five-point gap to West Brom in third, guaranteeing a place in the top two at Christmas.
However, the draw at Bristol allowed Leeds to claim top spot in the Championship, with flu affecting the City squad at Ashton Gate and Leitner only fit enough to return as an unused substitute.
With the chance to reclaim first place thanks to Leeds travelling to Aston Villa on Sunday, the Ewood Park clash poses a fine opportunity for Norwich – having lost just one of their last 17 league games.
You may also want to watch:
However, Rovers have lost just one of their 22 league home games during 2018, half of which were part of the League One promotion campaign which has allowed them to step up to the second tier confidently.
Tony Mowbray's team are 12th but only five points adrift of the play-off places, being held 2-2 at home by Birmingham last weekend and only winning one of their last six matches.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 8 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
• Follow updates from the press conference above from around 1pm