Premier League Two recap: Norwich City U23s 1 Sunderland U23s 1
- Credit: Norwich City
Kenny McLean continued his return from injury this evening when Norwich City Under-23s drew 1-1 with Sunderland at Colney in Premier League Two.
McLean started on the comeback trail last Thursday when he played the opening 45 minutes of a 2-2 draw with Wolfsburg II in the Premier League International Cup group stages.
The returning Scotland international has said in an interview with Scotland's Sunday Post that he expects to play an hour tonight, as he continues his comeback from three months out with an ankle injury that required surgery.
Long-term injury victim Matt Jarvis also played the first half of that Carrow Road draw but a game five days later may come too quickly for the 32-year-old winger, given the extent of his knee and ankle problems in the last three years.
Out-of-favour striker Nelson Oliveira played 90 minutes of that game as the final over-age outfield player allowed and scored the opening goal for City, with scouts no doubt watching on ahead of a likely January exit.
There are more players in need of minutes as well though, with Ivo Pinto also out of head coach Daniel Farke's plans and Felix Passlack, Tom Trybull, Ben Marshall and Dennis Srbeny all in need of minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Sunderland arrive as the only team below the young Canaries in the Division Two table, seven points adrift of Norwich having won one of their 12 games so far – also drawing 1-1 with Norwich in September.
The hosts are looking to finish a run of 11 matches without a win in all competitions themselves though, with three wins and two draws from their 12 matches.
- 1 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 2 Confirmed: Three households can form Christmas bubble to spend festive period together
- 3 Canaries legend Justin Fashanu could have street named after him
- 4 Cromer teenager supports local charities
- 5 Stoke City 2-3 Norwich City: Buendia red card, Krul injury but Canaries stay top of the Championship
- 6 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 7 Farke fears Krul out for weeks
- 8 Almost 200 Norfolk schools, colleges and nurseries hit by Covid cases
- 9 City defender Gibson hopes win over Stoke will silence the critics
- 10 Plans for controversial village wedding venue get green light
• Follow updates from the Colney clash above from around 6.30pm