Premier League Two recap: Norwich City U23s 1 Sunderland U23s 1
- Credit: Norwich City
Kenny McLean continued his return from injury this evening when Norwich City Under-23s drew 1-1 with Sunderland at Colney in Premier League Two.
McLean started on the comeback trail last Thursday when he played the opening 45 minutes of a 2-2 draw with Wolfsburg II in the Premier League International Cup group stages.
The returning Scotland international has said in an interview with Scotland's Sunday Post that he expects to play an hour tonight, as he continues his comeback from three months out with an ankle injury that required surgery.
Long-term injury victim Matt Jarvis also played the first half of that Carrow Road draw but a game five days later may come too quickly for the 32-year-old winger, given the extent of his knee and ankle problems in the last three years.
Out-of-favour striker Nelson Oliveira played 90 minutes of that game as the final over-age outfield player allowed and scored the opening goal for City, with scouts no doubt watching on ahead of a likely January exit.
There are more players in need of minutes as well though, with Ivo Pinto also out of head coach Daniel Farke's plans and Felix Passlack, Tom Trybull, Ben Marshall and Dennis Srbeny all in need of minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Sunderland arrive as the only team below the young Canaries in the Division Two table, seven points adrift of Norwich having won one of their 12 games so far – also drawing 1-1 with Norwich in September.
The hosts are looking to finish a run of 11 matches without a win in all competitions themselves though, with three wins and two draws from their 12 matches.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 8 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
• Follow updates from the Colney clash above from around 6.30pm