Premier League trio linked with Norwich City moves as silly season steps up a gear
- Credit: AP
The rumour mill started to move a little bit quicker yesterday after a trio of names were linked with moves to Carrow Road.
Although the summer transfer window is not officially open until July 1, the phoney war was well under way.
The big name of the day was Liverpool's 21-year-old forward Jonjo Shelvey, with The Sun and Daily Mail stating the Canaries had made an inquiry over his summer availability.
The former suggested the Reds wanted £7m for his services, while the latter gave a range between £5m and £8m. Either way, it is a lot of money given City have already shelled out an initial £8.5m for Sporting Lisbon striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel. Shelvey, who cost Liverpool £1.7m from Charlton in 2010, is currently with England's Under-21s competing at the European Championships in Israel.
Meanwhile reports in Stoke suggested Norwich and Premier League rivals West Ham United are 'considering bids' for 24-year-old midfielder Steven Nzonzi, who has reiterated his desire to leave the Britannia Stadium this summer.
You may also want to watch:
That said, new Potters boss Mark Hughes will apparently be determined to get a 'significant' fee to allow the midfielder to depart.
The third name is a rumour regular for Norwich, with the Daily Star suggesting City will bid £2.5m for relegated Reading's 29-year-old winger Jimmy Kebe.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 7 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 'Life begins at 70' says former TV star as she releases her new novel
James Vaughan remains in demand to head out of City too, with Midlands reports suggesting Leicester City and Sheffield Wednesday are interested.