Poll: Your thoughts on a Norwich City v Ipswich Town pre-season friendly
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City and Ipswich Town fans have been denied a derby fixture since the Canaries were promoted to the Premier League in 2011, but the East Anglian clash could return this summer in the form of a pre-season friendly.
Canaries chief executive David McNally used his personal twitter account on Friday afternoon to tweet: 'Ok,would #ncfc fans like the club to play Ipswich in pre season. Any profit would go to the academy, & a donation to @SportingLight pls RT.'
Both clubs are in advanced talks for a close-season tussle between the old foes, but final approval is required from the relevant safety authorities to sanction a Carrow Road friendly, which is provisionally pencilled in for July 28.
What are your thoughts on the potential return of the derby?
Have you missed getting one over the boys from Portman Road or do you think these matches should be restricted to league and cup competition?
You may also want to watch:
Will it make a nice change to the usual pre-season fare or does the lack of league points or progression to the next round of a knockout competition lessen the excitement?
Let us know your thoughts by commenting below and voting in our poll to the right.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale