Poll: Which position do Norwich City need to strengthen most before the transfer window slams shut?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The rumour, speculation and drama of the January transfer window comes to an end at 11pm tomorrow night, but do you think Norwich City have done enough business this month?
With the loan signing of former Everton centre-back Joseph Yobo due to be confirmed soon, it looks like Chris Hughton may have found the central defensive cover for Sebastien Bassong and Ryan Bennett that he was looking for.
Do you think Yobo will be enough though, with Michael Turner out for 'a number of weeks' with a hamstring injury and Dani Ayala being sold to Middlesbrough? Or is another centre-back needed?
Perhaps central midfield should be the priority? Bradley Johnson is facing the prospect of a three-match ban following his red card in the 0-0 draw with Newcastle on Tuesday night, with City waiting for an appeal decision.
Jonny Howson is also still struggling with a back injury, Wes Hoolahan is trying to force a transfer away from the club and Alexander Tettey has only just returned from a long-term injury.
Chris Hughton has this afternoon confirmed that will mean David Fox is likely to be included in his squad for Saturday's trip to Cardiff City, so should central midfield be the priority for Hughton and chief executive David McNally?
The wide areas look well stocked, with Anthony Pilkington returning to fitness, Jonas Gutierrez joining on loan from Newcastle earlier in the month and Robert Snodgrass, Nathan Redmond and Josh Murphy all competing for a starting spot.
But what about up front?
City have scored just 18 goals in 23 Premier League games, with only Cardiff (17) and Crystal Palace (15) having scored less.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Hooper has scored five and looked capable of scoring plenty more but Ricky van Wolfswinkel has scored just once, Johan Elmander has only scored two against League Two side Bury in the Capital One Cup and Luciano Becchio has barely had a chance to score his first of the season, making just six substitute appearances.
So do City need to get in another striker to boost their chances of keeping clear of the relegation scrap?
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- Which players would you like to see the Canaries sign? Leave your comments below.
- Keep up to date with all the latest news during the final day of the transfer window with our live blog throughout the day at www.pinkun.com