Poll results: Russell Martin and Steven Naismith among players Norwich City should allow to leave
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ten players are surplus to requirements at Norwich City this summer, according to our latest poll.
Canaries columnist Ian Clarke delivered his verdict on the current squad in his latest article and asked fellow supporters to vote on which players they would like to keep.
More than 1,000 people took part in the poll and agreed that 10 players should leave – but not the same 10 players that Ian had plumped for.
Out-of-contract players Seb Bassong, Steven Whittaker, Michael Turner, Kyle Lafferty and Youssouf Mulumbu were all on our man's list of players who can leave and fans agreed.
Ian also said that Ryan Bennett, Graham Dorrans, Matt Jarvis, Steven Naismith and, controversially, £7million January signing Yanic Wildschut should be on their way out.
Over 70pc of voters agreed that Naismith and Jarvis, expensive signings in January 2016 who have never really lived up to expectations, should be on their way.
Bennett and Dorrans should be kept though according to City fans, with Wildschut also afforded more time after receiving 73pc of supporting votes.
Instead it was fringe players Tony Andreu and Paul Jones, rarely seen since being signed by Alex Neil, who were allowed to go, as well as one final player: long serving skipper Russell Martin, but only with 55pc of voters.
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 3 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 4 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 5 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 6 Protests outside drag queen story event sees police called in
- 7 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 8 Fighter jet heard roaring over Norwich in night time training exercise
- 9 Man arrested following theft of £16,000 worth of cables
- 10 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
STAY: Jonny Howson (100pc), Nelson Oliveira (99pc), Ivo Pinto (99pc), James Maddison (99pc), Alex Pritchard (98pc), Jacob Murphy (98pc), Josh Murphy (97pc), Ben Godfrey (96pc), Mitchell Dijks (94pc), Louis Thompson (92pc), Harry Toffolo (92pc), Wes Hoolahan (90pc), Cameron Jerome (86pc), Declan Rudd (75pc), Yanic Wildschut (73pc), Ryan Bennett (72pc), Timm Klose (70pc), Alex Tettey (65pc), Graham Dorrans (61pc), John Ruddy (55pc), Michael McGovern (55pc), Conor McGrandles (54pc)
GO: Michael Turner (96pc), Seb Bassong (94pc), Tony Andreu (90pc), Kyle Lafferty (89pc), Steven Whittaker (89pc), Youssouf Mulumbu (77pc), Paul Jones (77pc), Matt Jarvis (74pc), Steven Naismith (70pc), Russell Martin (55pc)
The poll remains open so if you haven't voted, click here to cast your votes.