Poll: How do you feel about Lambert’s return to Norwich?
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has tried to play down his return to Carrow Road tomorrow night.
The 43-year-old will return to Norfolk for tomorrow's Capital One Cup quarter-final for the first time since his departure to join the midlands club.
Speaking ahead of the clash, the Scot said he wouldn't be surprised if the reaction of some Norwich fans is unfavourable, although there was little hostility towards him when the sides met at Villa Park in October.
But he believes having played for Celtic, and the reaction that prompted from Rangers fans, will stand him in good stead for any flak tomorrow evening.
He said: 'It's a hard one to call whether they want to do that (give me stick) or not.
'You would like to think that the sensible ones would maybe think 'you've done all right'. But I know you might get stick.
'You'll probably hear it. But listen, I was at a club for eight years that half the city hated (Glasgow).
- 1 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 2 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 3 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 4 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 5 Farmers call for Norfolk hosepipe ban
- 6 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 7 Firefighters battling forest blaze near Sandringham
- 8 New planning bid to re-use long-empty pub
- 9 Two women in hospital with serious injuries after A47 slip road crash
- 10 Organisers of Norfolk festival 'gutted' after cancelling due to fire risk
'I still get it to this day when I get home. You can still get the odd shout in the city centre - and I retired from playing about 15 years ago.
'When you have been involved in that, then you can handle anything.
'I really don't know what to expect but it's not something I'm actually too fazed about.'
What do you think? Will fans boo or clap Lambert? Vote in our poll and leave a comment below.