Poll: How do you feel about Lambert’s return to Norwich?
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has tried to play down his return to Carrow Road tomorrow night.
The 43-year-old will return to Norfolk for tomorrow's Capital One Cup quarter-final for the first time since his departure to join the midlands club.
Speaking ahead of the clash, the Scot said he wouldn't be surprised if the reaction of some Norwich fans is unfavourable, although there was little hostility towards him when the sides met at Villa Park in October.
But he believes having played for Celtic, and the reaction that prompted from Rangers fans, will stand him in good stead for any flak tomorrow evening.
He said: 'It's a hard one to call whether they want to do that (give me stick) or not.
You may also want to watch:
'You would like to think that the sensible ones would maybe think 'you've done all right'. But I know you might get stick.
'You'll probably hear it. But listen, I was at a club for eight years that half the city hated (Glasgow).
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash
'I still get it to this day when I get home. You can still get the odd shout in the city centre - and I retired from playing about 15 years ago.
'When you have been involved in that, then you can handle anything.
'I really don't know what to expect but it's not something I'm actually too fazed about.'
What do you think? Will fans boo or clap Lambert? Vote in our poll and leave a comment below.