Poll: Have you changed your mind about Alex Neil’s future as Norwich City manager?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil's turnaround in fortunes at Norwich City has continued with a nomination for the Sky Bet Championship Manager of the Month award for January.
The Canaries won three of their four league games last month to revitalise hopes of a play-off push and a potential return to the Premier League.
Yet in late December there was a sustained clamour for City to change their manager, following an eighth defeat in 10 games when losing 3-1 at high-flying Reading on Boxing Day.
That left Neil's team in 12th place in the Championship table, 16 points from the automatic promotion places and seven points adrift of the top six.
An online poll on this website saw 93 per cent of over 10,900 people vote for Neil to be sacked in the aftermath of that defeat but the Canaries board stood by their man.
With four points also picked up from the two games already played in February, Norwich now sit seventh in the table, 14 points from the top two and just two points behind sixth-placed Sheffield Wednesday.
The Scot – who led City to promotion via the play-off final at Wembley in 2015 – has now been nominated for the Championship's monthly award, alongside Jaap Stam of Reading, Wolves boss Paul Lambert and Cardiff chief Neil Warnock.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 3 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 4 River Wensum stops flowing through mill for first time in a century
- 5 Norfolk hospital charged following death of patient mistakenly sent home
- 6 Stained glass shop to close its doors after almost 30 years
- 7 Mystery continues as owner of 'massive' snake yet to come forward
- 8 Police officer sacked for dishonesty gets job back after appeal
- 9 Rogue landlords hit with £67,500 in fines in scheme praised by tenants
- 10 Restaurant boss frustrated at summer no-shows 'strangling the industry'
Ahead of the winner of that award being announced tomorrow morning, we are posing another poll question, asking whether fans have changed their mind about Neil's future.
Cast your vote in the poll above