Supporters warned of delays after East Anglian derby in Norwich due to police cordons
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Norfolk Police said plans were in place to ensure this weekend's much anticipated derby between Norwich and Ipswich at Carrow Road went ahead without a hitch.
About 2,000 Ipswich fans are expected to travel to Norwich for the match on Sunday with kick-off at noon.
Police said an operation involving officers from Norfolk and Suffolk had been designed to keep people safe and to assist travelling fans to the stadium.
Following the match, Norwich supporters can expect a short delay in leaving the stadium from the Barclay end to Lower Clarence Road due to police cordons which will be in place to ensure crowd safety.
Superintendent Dave Marshall said: 'This is a great local derby event with healthy rivalry between two family friendly clubs and supporters. 'The police operation has been developed to ensure everyone has a great day out and the vast majority of fans will enjoy the event in the right spirit.
'Our focus will be on those whose behaviour spoils everyone else's enjoyment and to manage areas where we have seen issues before at other matches as fans travel to and from the stadium.'
Police have been working closely with colleagues in Suffolk, British Transport Police and the football clubs to ensure the smooth running of the operation on the day.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 5 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 8 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 9 Norfolk's landmark vote to curb second homes
- 10 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
For up-to-date information and road closure advice on matchday, follow @NorfolkPolice.