City U23s set for Stadium of Light clash with Sunderland
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The 49,000 capacity Stadium of Light awaits for Norwich City Under-23s this afternoon.
Matt Gill's development squad take on Sunderland in their latest Premier League Two fixture, looking to get back to winning ways.
The young Canaries were beaten 3-1 by Wolves at Carrow Road at the end of last month, with former Canaries youth striker Benny Ashley-Seal scoring a hat-trick at Carrow Road, leaving them with two wins and two defeats in Division Two so far.
Young strikers Adam Idah and Anthony Spyrou have made a fine start to life at U23 level, with Republic of Ireland U19 international Idah scoring four and Essex-raised Spyrou grabbing three.
Sunderland lost their opening three PL2 games and have conceded 12 goals so far but did get back on track with a 2-1 home win over West Brom last time out. The Wearside fixture is a 12.30pm kick-off.
You may also want to watch:
Next up for Gill's squad is a home game against Newcastle on Friday, being played at Colney at 2pm.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000