LISTEN: Special birthday episode as the Pink Un Norwich City Podcast marks 10 years of Canaries chat
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Pinkun.com Norwich City Podcast is 10 years old today – and here's where it all began.
It was during the latter stages of the 2007/08 season when our pod was born, hot on the heels of a 5-1 home victory over Colchester United which boosted hopes of Championship survival under then manager Glenn Roeder.
A long-range effort from Jon Otsemobor was followed by a Jamie Cureton hat-trick against his former club, with the rout completed by Dion Dublin late on.
In the aftermath of that success we began a trial of a Canaries podcast, which has gone on to become a regular part of the online offering from the sports desk of the Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News.
As we mark 10 years of the pod, we take you back to our first ever show – which sounded very different to the pod nowadays, when our City correspondents regularly dissect all the latest issues.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a listen to our special edition look back at that first episode above
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship