Photo gallery: The day Vicarage Road hosted Norwich City’s promotion party
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press ©2004
Norwich City head to Vicarage Road for their next Championship clash tomorrow – the scene of one of the club's biggest promotion celebrations.
In 2004 the Canaries had seen promotion confirmed without playing a game in the run up to a visit to Watford, thanks to Crystal Palace beating Sunderland in midweek.
Over 3,000 City supporters had attended a reserve game on the same night to kick-off the celebrations when news of the Palace result came through – and promotion fever carried through to Vicarage Road.
Over 5,000 fans travelled to see goals from Damien Francis and Leon McKenzie fire the Canaries to victory amongst the promotion party, with another 6,000 watching a beam-back of the game on a big screen at Carrow Road.
Joint majority shareholder Delia Smith joined the City supporters in the away end for the fun and games – which were cranked up further 10 days later when the Division One title was won despite a 1-0 loss at Sunderland.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow's game is sure to be a more tense affair, with both City and Watford looking to strengthen their claim for a play-off place with 15 matches of the season still to play.
Another victory in Hertfordshire would be a fourth in succession for Alex Neil's team however, so it could just lead to more promotion celebrations at the end of the season if a similar success can be secured.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
Re-live the fun of that day in the photo gallery above and see tomorrow's Eastern Daily Press or Norwich Evening News full for a full preview of tomorrow's match.