Photo gallery: Norwich City v Chelsea over the years
Norwich and Chelsea met at Stamford Bridge in May 1985, with City expecting to avoid relegation as Coventry had to win their last three games to stay up.
However, Coventry did just that and City were relegated. Chelsea had their first League win at Carrow Road in 1991, after ten failed attempts. City heroes Robert Fleck and Chris Sutton have also played for Chelsea.
Our first photos are from a Division 1 match played on 9th March 1974; City drew 2-2 but were relegated at season's end. The second match dates from 6 October 1984, a no-score draw, with City again being relegated the following May. Our third match is from 19th August 1992, which City won 2-1, ending up third in the table.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 9 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 10 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal