Photo Gallery: Norwich City unveil club record signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Dutch international Ricky van Wolfswinkel has been unveiled as a Norwich City player at Carrow Road.
The 24-year-old officially completed his move from Sporting Lisbon today after the Canaries agreed a reported club record transfer fee of £8.5m in March.
The striker told the assembled press: 'My first impression of Norwich was that it's a great city and a team that has a great set of fans.
'I'm glad to be here and can't wait to get started. This is the perfect move for me.
'All the Dutch players that have played in the Premier League told me that this was the league to be in.
'I had two great years at Sporting and I think I did a really good job there and did those fans proud.'
Chris Hughton said: 'It's a different game now and a lot of overseas players have come to the league recently and adapted very well.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 5 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 6 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
- 7 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 8 Stunning drone shots capture high tide in Wells
- 9 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot set for submission
- 10 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
'I'm confident he can keep up his scoring record. He is used to scoring goals and I'm sure he can adapt to the Premier League.
'We're really looking forward to seeing him out there. Ricky wants to do well and he recognises his responsibility.'