Photo Gallery: Norwich City unveil club record signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Dutch international Ricky van Wolfswinkel has been unveiled as a Norwich City player at Carrow Road.
The 24-year-old officially completed his move from Sporting Lisbon today after the Canaries agreed a reported club record transfer fee of £8.5m in March.
The striker told the assembled press: 'My first impression of Norwich was that it's a great city and a team that has a great set of fans.
'I'm glad to be here and can't wait to get started. This is the perfect move for me.
'All the Dutch players that have played in the Premier League told me that this was the league to be in.
You may also want to watch:
'I had two great years at Sporting and I think I did a really good job there and did those fans proud.'
Chris Hughton said: 'It's a different game now and a lot of overseas players have come to the league recently and adapted very well.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
'I'm confident he can keep up his scoring record. He is used to scoring goals and I'm sure he can adapt to the Premier League.
'We're really looking forward to seeing him out there. Ricky wants to do well and he recognises his responsibility.'