“Our fans are the envy of world football” - Norwich City chief executive David McNally’s rallying call to supporters
Norwich City chief executive David McNally said: 'We're delighted that the Eastern Daily Press and the Evening News and our main club sponsors Aviva have launched the Yell Army campaign.
'Our fans are the envy of world football – they fill Carrow Road for every game and follow us around the country in their thousands. Their backing this season and every season has been fantastic and we really need the Yellow Army to get behind the team as loudly and proudly as possible again for these crucial remaining games.
'It's been a long and challenging season competing in the toughest domestic league in the world and the fans raising the roof at Carrow Road in the matches ahead will give the players a real boost in the final run-in to the Barclays Premier League campaign.
You may also want to watch:
'A big thank you to Archant and Aviva for their great support and to all the Norwich City and Community Sports Foundation staff who have volunteered to place 26,000 clap banners around the stadium in readiness for Saturday's game against Sunderland.
'So please support the campaign and get right behind the team.'
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting