Ouch! Photo of studmarks left by Norwich City’s Alex Tettey is posted online by Aston Villa defender Nathan Baker
- Credit: Nathan Baker Instagram account
Norwich City midfielder Alexander Tettey appears to have been fortunate to not get a red card in City's 4-1 loss at Aston Villa yesterday, as this picture shows.
Villa defender Nathan Baker decided to post a picture of some sore-looking studmarks across his chest, to highlight how high Tettey's boot had been when it made contact.
The clumsy challenge, in the 30th minute of the match, saw Tettey given a yellow card by referee Anthony Taylor.
It sparked a bout of pushing and shoving between the Norwich and Villa players, with many of the home fans calling for the Norway international to be sent off.
It made little difference though as Villa went on to score another two goals before half-time to complete their comeback from going 1-0 down in the third minute, thanks to a Wes Hoolahan goal, and seal their 4-1 success.
You may also want to watch:
The yellow card was 27-year-old Tettey's third in six matches, since returning to the Canaries' starting line-up following three months out with an ankle injury.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 7 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 8 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 9 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 10 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events