Only four teams have scored more than Norwich City in Europe’s top leagues
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City may be recovering from a disappointing loss at Burton but it is the Canaries' goal-scoring prowess which is making national headlines.
A table featured on Sky Sports News showing City as the fifth highest scorers in Europe's top five leagues and the Championship is being shared on social media today.
This leaves the Canaries behind French leaders Monaco, who have scored 76 goals, Spanish giants Barcelona (63) and Championship rivals Newcastle tied on 60 with Italian side Napoli, with Alex Neil's team fifth on 58 goals.
The table doesn't take into account that Norwich and Newcastle have played more games but it is at least a timely reminder that scoring goals hasn't been an issue for City this season.
Norwich are also ahead of the likes of Arsenal, Real Madrid and Juventus but have played more games at this stage of the season, with a goals per game average providing a more accurate illustration.
You may also want to watch:
For example, Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich do not make the current top 10 for goals scored but that is due to having played only 21 games following a winter break, with 46 goals scored giving them an average of 2.2 per game.
Here is our updated table...
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
Europe's top scorers
1 Monaco – 76 (26 games) = 2.9 per game average
2 Barcelona – 63 (23) = 2.7
3 Napoli – 60 (25) = 2.4
4 Newcastle – 60 (31) = 1.9
5 Norwich – 58 (33) = 1.8
6= Arsenal and Liverpool – 54 (25) = 2.2
8 Real Madrid – 56 (21) = 2.7
9 Roma – 54 (24) = 2.3
10 Juventus – 53 (23) = 2.3
(Premier League, Ligue Un, Serie A, Primera Division, Bundesliga and Championship)