Oldham Athletic boss Paul Dickov praises on-loan Norwich City midfielder Tom Adeyemi
Oldham Athletic boss Paul Dickov believes on-loan Norwich City midfielder Tom Adeyemi is one of his side's unsung heroes.
The 20-year-old has become an unlikely senior figure at Boundary Park during the injury absences of Dean Furman and James Wesolowski.
And Dickov was happy to sing Adeyemi's praises – especially after shepherded 18-year-old midfield partner Carl Winchester in Saturday's 1-0 win over Tranmere.
'Tom doesn't always get the credit he deserves,' said Dickov. 'It has been hard for Tom because he has played in the centre and also out wide. He has also had three or four different partners in as many games.
'Though Tom is only aged 20 and a kid himself, he looked after 18-year-old Carl Winchester who was playing alongside him. Carl grew into the game as it continued and that was down to the way Tom played.'
You may also want to watch:
Adeyemi has been on loan at Oldham since August and is due back at Carrow Road on March 10.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash