Team news: Three changes for Canaries as Pinto makes surprise return against left-back
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke has made three changes to his starting line-up for this afternoon's first home game of the season, against West Bromwich Albion.
Ivo Pinto makes a surprise return to fitness to come in at left-back, while Kenny McLean and Moritz Leitner come into midfield in place of Tom Trybull and Marco Stiepermann.
The Canaries kicked off their second Championship campaign under the watch of Farke with a 2-2 draw at Birmingham City last weekend, coming from behind twice late on thanks to goals from Cuban winger Onel Hernandez.
West Brom have made two changes, with Allan Nyom coming in at right-back for Manchester City loanee Tosin Adarabioyo and recent signing Dwight Gayle starting in place of James Morrison.
The Baggies bounced back from a surprise 2-1 home defeat to Bolton on the opening day – inflicted by a late goal from Norwich loanee Yanic Wildschut – by coming from behind to draw 1-1 at Nottingham Forest in midweek.
You may also want to watch:
That was sparked by a debut performance from striker Gayle coming on in the 60th minute, having signed on loan from Newcastle, who hit the woodwork either side of an emphatic late leveller from Matt Phillips.
Three of the Baggies' last four league visits to Carrow Road have ended in wins, all 1-0, but this is the first Championship meeting of the teams in over 10 years.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 4 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 7 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 8 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 9 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park
- 10 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
The visitors include England international left-back Kieran Gibbs in their starting XI, who made seven appearances for Norwich while on loan from Arsenal during the latter half of the 2007-08 season.
Norwich: Krul; Marshall, Hanley (C), Klose, Pinto; Tettey, McLean; Pukki, Leitner, Hernandez; Rhodes. Subs: McGovern (GK), Godfrey, Zimmermann, Stiepermann, Srbeny, Thompson, Cantwell
West Brom: Johnstone; Nyom, Bartley, Hegazi, Gibbs; Phillips, Livermore (C), Brunt, Barnes; Gayle, Rodriguez. Subs: Myhill (GK), Adarabioyo, Morrison, Townsend, Burke, Robson-Kanu, Field