Norwich U18s 4, Birmingham U18s 0
Norwich U18s 4
The young Canaries made it 12 goals in three games as they smashed four past Birmingham City in the FA Premier Academy Under-18 League at Colney.
Until Saturday, the Blues were unbeaten this season and had not conceded a goal in their opening three games.
Manager Ricky Martin had triallist Jack Werndly leading the attack and he had the first opening when he sent a glancing header just wide.
Jamar Loza should have done better when he raced on to a through-ball but his fist touch let him down, allowing Birmingham 'keeper Glen Daniels to come off his line and collect. It was all Norwich with George Francomb sending a header wide from a Remy Gordon corner.
The Canaries opened the scoring just five minutes before the break when Josh Dawkin headed on for Werndly, who beat his man before lifting the ball over the advancing Daniels.
Martin replaced Sam Habergham with Cem Aytec at the start of the second half. Habergham was making his first appearance for several months after recovering from injury.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 5 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot could be lodged 'in next couple of months'
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 9 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 10 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
Ten minutes into the second half, Norwich doubled their advantage when Dawkin rose above the Blues' defence to score with a thumping header from a Gordon corner.
City were firing on all cylinders and they made it 3-0 on 65 minutes when Richard Brindley unleashed an unstoppable effort from 25 yards.
Captain Matthew Ball saw an effort cleared off the line but deep in injury time City scored a fourth with Loza slipping the ball past Daniels.
Norwich: Matthews, Jones, Gordon, Florence, Francomb, Habergham (Aytac 45), Loza, Brindley (Kelly 75), Werndly, Ball, Dawkin. Subs not used: Gunn, Dobbs, Stephens.
Birmingham: Daniels, Ozturk (Westley 77), Rowe, Fleet, Hutchinson, Kerr, Redmond, Packwood, Asante (Gombala 67), Bogel, Hronec. Subs not used: Ntaybwe, Townsend, Delfouneso.
City man of match: Matthew Ball.