Norwich U18s 4, Birmingham U18s 0
Norwich U18s 4
The young Canaries made it 12 goals in three games as they smashed four past Birmingham City in the FA Premier Academy Under-18 League at Colney.
Until Saturday, the Blues were unbeaten this season and had not conceded a goal in their opening three games.
Manager Ricky Martin had triallist Jack Werndly leading the attack and he had the first opening when he sent a glancing header just wide.
Jamar Loza should have done better when he raced on to a through-ball but his fist touch let him down, allowing Birmingham 'keeper Glen Daniels to come off his line and collect. It was all Norwich with George Francomb sending a header wide from a Remy Gordon corner.
You may also want to watch:
The Canaries opened the scoring just five minutes before the break when Josh Dawkin headed on for Werndly, who beat his man before lifting the ball over the advancing Daniels.
Martin replaced Sam Habergham with Cem Aytec at the start of the second half. Habergham was making his first appearance for several months after recovering from injury.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
Ten minutes into the second half, Norwich doubled their advantage when Dawkin rose above the Blues' defence to score with a thumping header from a Gordon corner.
City were firing on all cylinders and they made it 3-0 on 65 minutes when Richard Brindley unleashed an unstoppable effort from 25 yards.
Captain Matthew Ball saw an effort cleared off the line but deep in injury time City scored a fourth with Loza slipping the ball past Daniels.
Norwich: Matthews, Jones, Gordon, Florence, Francomb, Habergham (Aytac 45), Loza, Brindley (Kelly 75), Werndly, Ball, Dawkin. Subs not used: Gunn, Dobbs, Stephens.
Birmingham: Daniels, Ozturk (Westley 77), Rowe, Fleet, Hutchinson, Kerr, Redmond, Packwood, Asante (Gombala 67), Bogel, Hronec. Subs not used: Ntaybwe, Townsend, Delfouneso.
City man of match: Matthew Ball.