Italian job for Norwich City pre-season friendly?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Italian side Atalanta look to be heading to Carrow Road for a pre-season game against Norwich City.
The Serie A side are reported to be playing three English teams - the Canaries, Swansea City and Leicester City.
There was no official confirmation on City's web site and the Italian reports did not specify a date for the match.
Atalanta - coached by Gian Piero Gasperini - have just enjoyed the best season in the club's 112-year history, finishing third in Serie A and qualifying for the Champions League for the first time.
They managed to do it with the highest goals total - 77 - in the league, and reportedly on the 14th highest budget of the 20 teams.
You may also want to watch:
City have confirmed one pre-season friendly so far: they will play Paderborn as part of their tour in Germany. The teams will meet on Tuesday, July 16 (6pm local time, 5pm UK time) at the Stadion im Sportzentrum Rabenfittich, in the town of Geseke.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 10 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?