Italian job for Norwich City pre-season friendly?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Italian side Atalanta look to be heading to Carrow Road for a pre-season game against Norwich City.
The Serie A side are reported to be playing three English teams - the Canaries, Swansea City and Leicester City.
There was no official confirmation on City's web site and the Italian reports did not specify a date for the match.
Atalanta - coached by Gian Piero Gasperini - have just enjoyed the best season in the club's 112-year history, finishing third in Serie A and qualifying for the Champions League for the first time.
They managed to do it with the highest goals total - 77 - in the league, and reportedly on the 14th highest budget of the 20 teams.
You may also want to watch:
City have confirmed one pre-season friendly so far: they will play Paderborn as part of their tour in Germany. The teams will meet on Tuesday, July 16 (6pm local time, 5pm UK time) at the Stadion im Sportzentrum Rabenfittich, in the town of Geseke.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison