Norwich City fans urged to leave early for trip to Sheffield United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have warned fans heading to Sheffield United this weekend to leave plenty of time to travel due to a large event in the city.
City play against the Blades in the Premier League on Saturday, with the game kicking off at 3pm.
The club advised the travelling supporters to leave plenty of time for their journies, as there is a university open day due to take place in the South Yorkshire city on the same day.
More than 3,000 visitors are expected to attend the open day, meaning that traffic is likely to be heavy on roads in the area - especially those close to the city centre.
Travelling Norwich fans are also advised that there are no matchday car parking options at Bramall Lane, with those driving advised to park in the nearby APCOA facility on Eyre Street, a 10 minute walk from the stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Turnstiles at the ground will open approximately 90 minutes before kick-off, at around 1.30pm.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison