‘Norwich’s win owed a lot to good fortune’ - what the opposition’s media thought of Norwich City’s 3-1 over Burton Albion
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
How the Burton Mail reported Norwich City's 3-1 victory over Burton Albion at Carrow Road.
• Match report
'The Canaries carried a 1-0 lead into the break through a fine finish in the box from Martin Olsson, who was allowed far too much time to line up his effort and beat McLaughlin at his near post.'
'Within 40 seconds of the restart the Brewers had equalised through Lucas Akins, but a heavily-deflected shot from Jacob Murphy restored their lead a minute later.'
'Albion were stretched with 10 men and Ivo Pinto's neat finish with two minutes of regular time to play secured three points for the promotion-chasing Canaries.'
• Post-match interview with Burton manager Nigel Clough
'To get an equaliser a minute after half-time and then go and concede within a minute is very poor under any circumstances. So ultimately the first two we conceded have cost us the game.'
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 4 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 5 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 6 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 7 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 8 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
- 9 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 10 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
'It's a 'nearly' one again. We've had it most of this season - it was nearly at Forest, it was nearly against Bristol City. But we are Burton Albion playing against a team that were in the Premier League five months ago, so to get that close to them and to create as many chances and situations as we did, I suppose that's a good thing from our point of view.'
'The Brewers found themselves on top for large spells at Norwich City. Table-topping Norwich City. Recently of the Premier League Norwich City. Arguably with one of the strongest squads in the division Norwich City.'
'This was Beavon's best game of the season - the experienced striker utilising his pace and energy to close down Norwich's defence and force them into switching quickly.'
'Within 115 seconds of the second half, two goals had been plundered, one at each end - and Norwich's owed a lot to good fortune.'