“Great derby day result, bring on Arsenal” – Norwich fans set their sights on the Gunners after Portman Road delight
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Sunday afternoon is a more lively affair than normal for Norwich City fans this weekend, as an excellent win at Ipswich is soaked up and momentum continues to build under head coach Daniel Farke.
James Maddison's strike in the 59th minute was the decisive moment at Portman Road, wrapping up a fifth successive away win for the Canaries, with his third goal in four games.
The in-form playmaker cemented his place as a fans' favourite by becoming the derby day hero, stretching City's unbeaten run in the East Anglian derby to nine matches.
The win has lifted the Canaries into sixth place and extended their unbeaten run in all competitions to nine matches, ahead of another big game on Tuesday.
All 8,800 tickets available have been sold for a Carabao Cup fourth round tie at premier League giants Arsenal, sending the Canaries and their fans to the Emirates in high spirits.
You may also want to watch:
Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above
- 1 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 I don't watch Strictly but I'm in love with 'beacon of hope' Bill Bailey
- 7 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
- 8 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 9 'False start' for restaurants as some stay closed after lockdown
- 10 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule