“Great derby day result, bring on Arsenal” – Norwich fans set their sights on the Gunners after Portman Road delight
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Sunday afternoon is a more lively affair than normal for Norwich City fans this weekend, as an excellent win at Ipswich is soaked up and momentum continues to build under head coach Daniel Farke.
James Maddison's strike in the 59th minute was the decisive moment at Portman Road, wrapping up a fifth successive away win for the Canaries, with his third goal in four games.
The in-form playmaker cemented his place as a fans' favourite by becoming the derby day hero, stretching City's unbeaten run in the East Anglian derby to nine matches.
The win has lifted the Canaries into sixth place and extended their unbeaten run in all competitions to nine matches, ahead of another big game on Tuesday.
All 8,800 tickets available have been sold for a Carabao Cup fourth round tie at premier League giants Arsenal, sending the Canaries and their fans to the Emirates in high spirits.
You may also want to watch:
Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 7 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 8 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out