“Great derby day result, bring on Arsenal” – Norwich fans set their sights on the Gunners after Portman Road delight
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Sunday afternoon is a more lively affair than normal for Norwich City fans this weekend, as an excellent win at Ipswich is soaked up and momentum continues to build under head coach Daniel Farke.
James Maddison's strike in the 59th minute was the decisive moment at Portman Road, wrapping up a fifth successive away win for the Canaries, with his third goal in four games.
The in-form playmaker cemented his place as a fans' favourite by becoming the derby day hero, stretching City's unbeaten run in the East Anglian derby to nine matches.
The win has lifted the Canaries into sixth place and extended their unbeaten run in all competitions to nine matches, ahead of another big game on Tuesday.
All 8,800 tickets available have been sold for a Carabao Cup fourth round tie at premier League giants Arsenal, sending the Canaries and their fans to the Emirates in high spirits.
Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 4 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 5 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 6 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 7 Come and meet the animals you could adopt at RSPCA open day
- 8 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 9 Thieves run off with alcohol worth nearly £5,000 from Tesco
- 10 New 250-space car park could be created near picturesque Norfolk harbour