LISTEN: ‘How awful, oh no! When are Ipswich Town ever going to beat them?!’ – Canaries fans loving Suffolk commentary of derby drama
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
'A chance, oh, Norwich have equalised – how awful, oh no! When are Ipswich Town ever going to beat them?!' – cried BBC Radio Suffolk's commentator.
Timm Klose had just headed Norwich City level in the fifth minute of injury-time to snatch a 1-1 draw from the jaws of defeat and hand Ipswich more derby despair.
Town have now not beaten the Canaries in their last 10 attempts, stretching back to 2009, but it finally looked like they were going to bring an end to that awful run at Carrow Road.
Long-serving captain Luke Chambers headed the Tractor Boys ahead in the 89th minute and it looked like he would be the man grabbing the headlines – only for Klose to rise and head home the sweetest of equalisers.
'It's Klose, Gunn has run the length of the field, oh this is heartbreaking!' continued Radio Suffolk's commentator Brenner Woolley, in commentary which City fans are now happily sharing around social media.
'There are fans on the pitch, Ipswich fans can't believe it, Bialkowski is crestfallen, look at Mick McCarthy's face on the monitor! It's Norwich City 1 Ipswich Town 1.'
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 A47 reopens after serious crash