‘We had some really good chances, not clinical at all’ – Norwich fans frustrated by narrow defeat at Leeds
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Losing 1-0 at Leeds has left most Norwich City supporters struggling to remain positive, as Daniel Farke's side slipped to a sixth defeat in nine games.
The Canaries brought an end to a run of eight matc hes without a win last weekend when they beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 at Carrow Road, so travelled to Elland Road with hopes of another good result.
Pontus Jansson's 41st-minute header proved enough for the hosts to claim all three points though, as City failed to take any of a host of chances during the second half.
The narrow defeat leaves Farke's team in 16th place in the Championship table, 10 points adrift of the top six and 10 points clear of the relegation places as the season approaches the halfway point.
The Canaries now face four games against teams also in the bottom half of the table, at home to Brentford on Friday, before trips to Birmingham and Burton over the festive period and a home clash with Millwall on New Year's Day.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder