Norwich City youngster Remi Matthews re-joins Burton on loan
- Credit: Action Images
Norwich City keeper Remi Matthews has re-joined League One new boys Burton on loan until January 2.
The 21-year-old Gorleston-born stopper spent a month with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's squad last season as cover, but failed to make a senior appearance for the club who won promotion from League Two.
Matthews has been a part of the Canaries' youth set up since the age of 10 and signed a new two-year deal with the Canaries in the summer of 2014.
He was originally targeted by the Brewers last season to provide back up for Jon McLaughlin, with Dean Lyness still recovering from a broken leg.
Lyness made his return to action after a nine-month lay-off in Burton's opening pre-season friendly 5-1 win against Gresley FC.
You may also want to watch:
City now have only two senior keepers on the books, with Mark Bunn released at the start of the summer meaning Declan Rudd is the only back-up to first choice John Ruddy.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 9 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 10 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman