Norwich City youngster Harry Toffolo is a man in demand
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Harry Toffolo is in demand at League One pacesetters Scunthorpe with the Iron keen to extend the Norwich City defender's loan beyond next month.
The 21-year-old made his first senior appearance for Graham Alexander's title hopefuls in two months at the weekend in Scunthorpe's latest 3-0 win over Millwall. Toffolo had been on the injury list but with first-choice left-back Conor Townsend now likely to miss a number of weeks with a groin injury Alexander plans talks with the Canaries to extend the defender's stay beyond January 3.
'We have got a meeting about a few things so I will be speaking to him about that,' he said, in the Scunthorpe Telegraph. 'He has been great since he has come in here and even when he wasn't in the team he played and acted like he is part of this club.'
Toffolo is one of a select band of Norwich players Alex Neil has allowed out on loan along with the likes of James Maddison, Tony Andreu and Declan Rudd. Maddison's initial spell at Aberdeen is also set to come to an end next month and Dons' chief Derek McInnes has made it clear he wants to keep the attacking midfielder at Pittodrie. Neil admitted recently he will make a final decision on Maddison's short term future in due course.
'We'll assess it. James is due to come back here on January 4. I am sure I will have a chat with Del between now and then and make the best decision for James and us,' said Neil. 'It will all be relative to where we are at the time in terms of who we have available, where we sit, where we are going and if we need an extra number.
You may also want to watch:
'I think January there is a lot of moving parts. I don't think there is any question Aberdeen will want to extend it. Judging by the reports I am getting from up there is doing well so its only natural they would want him.'
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 8 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 10 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes