Norwich City youngster Harry Toffolo carried off in second game for Peterborough United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Harry Toffolo was taken to hospital after a clash of heads during the second game of his loan spell with Peterborough United on Tuesday evening.
The 20-year-old Norwich City defender went down just before half-time as Posh took on League One leaders Burton at London Road.
There was a delay of over seven minutes as Toffolo was attended to on the pitch before being stretchered off.
He was later taken to hospital as a precaution, according to the club's official Twitter feed.
Posh were losing 1-0 at the time – and that's the way it stayed.
Toffolo only joined Peterborough on loan last Thursday after completing a similar spell at Championship outfit Rotherham, for whom he made seven appearances.
He made his debut at high-flying Gillingham on Saturday, playing the full 90 minutes as Graham Westley's side went down 2-1.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 3 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 4 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 5 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 6 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 7 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 8 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
The 20-year-old has one City first team appearance to his name - the 2-1 win at Rotherham in the second round of the Capital One Cup back in August.
Meanwhile Spurs defender Jan Vertonghen will miss next Tuesday's clash with Norwich City at Carrow Road and faces a spell on the sidelines after it was confirmed he had sustained knee ligament damage in his side's 3-1 victory at Crystal Palace.