Norwich City won’t need reality checks this season, insists Michael Turner
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Michael Turner insists Norwich City don't need to drop points to ward off any complacency, as they set about earning Premier League promotion.
Despite the rest and recuperation for most of the Canaries squad over the international break, Saturday's trip to Cardiff will kick off seven games in the space of 22 days – including trips to south Wales, Shrewsbury and Blackpool.
And while being held at home by Bournemouth before the international fun and games was seen by some as a useful reality check for what promotion will take, centre-back Turner disagreed.
'We'd have loved to beat Bournemouth of course – we did show some good stuff and we will I'm sure look back at the five game so far and take a lot from them all,' he said. 'But no, we won't get complacent. It is more about momentum. The lads were in a good place going into that game and we weren't quite able to get a win. So we will make ourselves right for Cardiff.
• Watch the latest edition of Mustard TV's Norwich City fanzine Three Up Front
'If we took 10 points from every five games this season, then it would put us in a good position towards the end. But I think there's still more to come from us as a team. We can play better than we have done so far, and hopefully we prove that.
'At this stage, it's just important to pick up a few wins and good performances, and make sure you're there or thereabouts. But We are unbeaten in four league games and we can take that through to the Cardiff game. The way we are playing, and with the fact I feel we've got more to give, then I think we can make things happen.'#
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'