Norwich City winger Nathan Redmond nominated for England U21 award
- Credit: PA
Norwich City winger Nathan Redmond has been included on the shortlist for the England Under-21s Player of the Year award for 2015.
The 21-year-old was part of England's unsuccessful campaign at the Uefa European U21 Championships in the Czech Republic but was subsequently included in Uefa's team of the tournament for his efforts.
In total Redmond has scored three goals in nine games for the Young Lions this year, taking his overall tally for the U21s to 25 caps and seven goals.
He is nominated alongside Stoke goalkeeper Jack Butland, Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson and Southampton midfielder James Ward-Prowse and Manchester United attacker Jesse Lingard.
Announcing the nominations, an FA statement said of Redmond: 'It was a year to remember for the Norwich City forward, who racked up impressive goals against Germany, Italy and Kazakhstan as one of the U21s' senior players.'
You may also want to watch:
In total Redmond has 64 England youth caps to his name, having progress through the age groups from under-16 level, since making his breakthrough at Birmingham City as a 16-year-old.
The youngster is the Canaries' top scorer this season, with four Premier League goals in 15 games.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns
Voting details for the award can be found at TheFA.com.