Norwich City winger Nathan Redmond is pleased to be part of the ‘Jersey Boys’
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Grinning wideman Nathan Redmond was happy to add another collector's item to his growing haul at Carrow Road on Saturday.
Norwich City's flying winger may not have found the net against Stoke City but he added an assist by teeing up Russell Martin's equaliser. Yet it wasn't the only tally the former Birmingham City man improved upon thanks to his friendship with Potters keeper Jack Butland.
A smiling Redmond, clutching the shot-stopper's shirt as he made his way into the press zone, said: 'We don't sign them for each other. I usually get them from the boys I'm quite close with in football.
'Jack. Saido (Berahino). Raheem (Sterling). A couple of other boys. I always get their shirts because it's nice to put them in the games room or around the house. Then they get framed. Jack said in the week; 'Let's make sure we get a little shirt swap,' and it's customary.'
The 21-year-old had scored in both of the Canaries' matches going into their third Premier League fixture of the new campaign at the weekend. It looked like he was definitely going to notch for a third game in a row when he burst into the visitors' box early in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
However, he, like a host of his team-mates, was denied by his close friend. 'We said when it came to the game that we weren't holding back,' added the laid-back attacking talent.
'I didn't expect him to because friendship goes out of the window for 90 minutes. He kept me out and I had a couple of chances. I was fully looking to score.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
'He's a fantastic goalkeeper. On another day I might have scored it but when the time came I couldn't quite get the finish right. I'll move on.
'I got an assist for Russell's goal – he's got two now – so as long as I'm keeping my stats up there and doing my bit for the team then I'm happy.'