Norwich City winger Josh Murphy named in Checkatrade Trophy team of the tournament
- Credit: Andy Kearns/Focus Images Limited
Josh Murphy has been named in the Checkatrade Trophy team of the tournament for this season.
The competition, which was criticised by some for its new format, came to a conclusion on Sunday when Coventry City beat Oxford United at Wembley.
Murphy played in all three group stage matches as Norwich City Under-23s scored 15 goals to top their group with comfortable victories over Peterborough United, Barnet and MK Dons.
The 22-year-old scored five of those goals and was a driving force for the Canaries, who were knocked out in the last 16 when slipping to a 1-0 defeat to Swansea City U23s at Carrow Road.
Team of the tournament: Jamal Blackman (Wycombe); Ryan Haynes (Coventry), Phil Edwards (Oxford), Jordan Willis (Coventry), Jack Senior (Luton); Marvin Johnson (Oxford), Matt Dolan (Yeovil), Jodi Jones (Coventry), Josh Murphy (Norwich), Amadou Bakayoko (Walsall), Oliver McBurnie (Swansea).
Manager: Michael Appleton (Oxford).
You may also want to watch:
Watch a video of Murphy's goals in the competition above.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town