Norwich City winger Elliott Bennett joins Championship side Bristol City on loan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Bristol City have signed Norwich City winger Elliott Bennett on loan until January.
The 26-year-old former Brighton wide-man has only featured twice for the Canaries so far this season, in the Capital One Cup on both occasions.
He was used as a late substitute in the 2-1 win at Rotherham in the second round and played all of the 3-0 home win over West Brom in the third round last month.
Bennett has joined Bristol on an emergency loan, with the Robins bottom of the Championship table having won just one of their 10 league matches since being promoted.
The former Wolves trainee joined City from Brighton in the summer of 2011, after the club had been promoted to the Premier League under Paul Lambert, and was a regular during his first two seasons.
You may also want to watch:
However disaster struck on the opening day of the 2013/14 season, injuring knee ligaments in a 2-2 home draw with Everton and not returning until the final day of the season, as a substitute in a 2-0 loss to Arsenal at Carrow Road as relegation back to the Championship was confirmed.
He returned to first-team contention last season, featuring in seven matches before being loaned to former club Brighton for the final two months of 2014, making seven appearances for the Seagulls.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
A further five appearances saw Bennett – whose contract expires next summer – add his experience to City's successful promotion push under Alex Neil but has not even been an unused substitute in the Premier League.
The winger has made 79 appearances overall for the Canaries, scoring three goals. He will be eligible for Bristol's home clash with Nottingham Forest next Friday and the final game of his loan will be at Reading on Saturday, January 2.