Norwich City wide player Josh Murphy ruled out of England duty with heel injury
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's talented wide player Josh Murphy has pulled out of the England Under-20 squad for a four-nation tournament in Holland to rest a heel complaint.
The 19-year-old confirmed on Sunday night he will stay at Colney over the international break for further treatment on the left heel problem first aggravated in the Capital One Cup defeat at Shrewsbury.
Murphy has since made cameo appearances in the Championship games against Blackpool, where he scored his first senior goal, along with the home tussles against Charlton and Rotherham on Saturday.
City boss Neil Adams confirmed after the Millers' draw he was keen for Murphy to rest the injury rather than link up with Aidy Boothroyd's squad for games against the hosts, Germany and Turkey this coming week.
'We obviously have to have a good look at it now and speak to the FA, the physios and sports scientists,' said Adams, on Saturday evening. 'We have to do what is right for him now and I would like him not to go because he has a problem but I will leave that to the medical people and hopefully when we speak to the FA we'll come to a solution that is to the benefit of both parties.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 5 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 6 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 7 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 8 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 9 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 10 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop