Norwich City welcome back Sebastien Bassong for Chelsea Premier League visit
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City team captain Sebastien Bassong is back in the frame for Chelsea's Premier League visit.
The Canaries' reigning player-of-the-year missed the away win at Stoke with a hamstring injury along with Nathan Redmond (thigh) and Javier Garrido (groin). All three returned to training ahead of the Blues' visit but Hughton admits City's personnel on duty at the Britannia have made a persuasive case to retain their places.
'We started well at Stoke and we created some good momentum so I think it is fair to say there is a nice feeling around the place at present,' he said. 'That is on the back of two good wins and there was also a sense after (Aston) Villa that despite the disappointment of losing we felt we had created a lot of chances and had the majority of the ball in the Villa half. What victories do, and especially the nature of the one at Watford in the cup, is add even more belief.
'Seb is okay. At the moment he has come through fine and we'll just hope there is no reaction - the same for both of the other two lads. They have come through fitness tests in the last few days. Ricky (van Wolfswinkel) missed a few days training a little earlier in the week, but again he has trained and is fine.'
Teenage wide player Josh Murphy was not involved in Friday night's development game at West Ham's Under-21s, which the Hammers won 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
'What we have done is kept him around the first team,' said Hughton. 'He is in an England under-19 squad next Tuesday. I'll make a decision as to whether he is part of the squad for Chelsea or not.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 6 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend