Norwich City v Wolves - Paddy’s prediction
Wolves arrive at Carrow Road propping up the Premier League. Just like Wigan did earlier this month. The difference being Wanderers do not have the personnel or the inclination to come and dominate possession. To starve City of the ball and in so doing heighten any sense of frustration on the terraces. Wolves have also shipped 12 goals in their past three league games. The distress signals under Terry Connor's stewardship are deafeningly loud. Wanderers look a club increasingly resigned to their fate.
Which is why Norwich have to be ruthless. Bold in approach - both from those on the field to the collective mindset shown. The enduring struggles afflicting clubs like Wolves towards the bottom will ensure Norwich have a reasonably comfortable passage to the finish line this season.
City's recent downturn in terms of results should not mask what ultimately will be packaged as a stellar campaign. Norwich have defied many predictions. Newcastle was a line in the sand. No points, but plenty of endeavour. Jonny Howson can be the catalyst again. Grant Holt, rested for all bar the final reckoning in the north-east, should be restored to probe a porous Wolves' backline. City's strikers will need service. Elliott Bennett need only maintain his form from seven days hence against his first club. The statistical evidence suggests Norwich have struggled in front of goal recently. You could not hand pick a better opponent to get back on the trail. Norwich's defence, in front of the excellent John Ruddy, have looked secure despite the recent downturn in points. Wolves will clearly attempt to muster a reaction to fresh travails.
City may have to endure stubborn early resistance, but the Canaries have enough in their attacking armoury to shatter brittle confidence.
You may also want to watch:
• Norwich City 2, Wolves 1
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?