STARTING XIs: Tettey returns as Canaries look to stay top at Preston
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Tettey is back in the Norwich City starting line-up for the first time in a month, as Daniel Farke makes one change for tonight's game at Preston North End.
The Championship leaders continued their fine form with a comfortable 3-0 victory over local rivals Ipswich on Sunday, leaving Paul Lambert's struggling side bottom of the table.
Tettey, City's longest-serving current player, replaced the injured Mario Vrancic just before half-time of the derby success, who has since been ruled out for three weeks with ankle ligament damage. The former Norway international also reclaims the captain's armband from Christoph Zimmermann.
Borussia Dortmund loanee Felix Passlack comes on to the substitutes bench for the visitors, only the seventh time he has been included in a league squad for the Canaries, with his five appearances all coming in cup competitions.
Tonight's game brings another reunion with a former manager, with Alex Neil's Preston sitting 14th and seemingly set for a mid-table finish, 11 points adrift of the play-off places and 14 clear of the bottom three.
You may also want to watch:
North End are unbeaten in five matches and go with an unchanged squad, following up wins at QPR and Stoke with a 0-0 home draw with Derby, then winning 2-1 at local rivals Bolton on Saturday.
They have only won one of their last six home matches though and face a Norwich team who have lost just one of their last 19 matches in the league.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
That includes a club record of 13 away games unbeaten, following a superb 3-1 win over promotion rivals Leeds in their last trip.
PRESTON: Rudd; Fisher, Storey, Davies, Hughes; Pearson; Gallagher (C), Potts, Browne, Barkhuizen; Maguire. Subs: Crowe (GK), Earl, Clarke, Johnson, Ledson, Stockley, Nmecha
NORWICH: Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Godfrey, Lewis; Tettey (C), Trybull; Buendia, Stiepermann, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Hanley, Passlack, McLean, Cantwell, Srbeny, Rhodes
• You can follow all the action from tonight's game with our reporters in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live
• Make sure to download the Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis from our Canaries correspondents, available for free in your mobile device's app store