STARTING XIs: Tettey returns as Canaries look to stay top at Preston
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Tettey is back in the Norwich City starting line-up for the first time in a month, as Daniel Farke makes one change for tonight's game at Preston North End.
The Championship leaders continued their fine form with a comfortable 3-0 victory over local rivals Ipswich on Sunday, leaving Paul Lambert's struggling side bottom of the table.
Tettey, City's longest-serving current player, replaced the injured Mario Vrancic just before half-time of the derby success, who has since been ruled out for three weeks with ankle ligament damage. The former Norway international also reclaims the captain's armband from Christoph Zimmermann.
Borussia Dortmund loanee Felix Passlack comes on to the substitutes bench for the visitors, only the seventh time he has been included in a league squad for the Canaries, with his five appearances all coming in cup competitions.
Tonight's game brings another reunion with a former manager, with Alex Neil's Preston sitting 14th and seemingly set for a mid-table finish, 11 points adrift of the play-off places and 14 clear of the bottom three.
North End are unbeaten in five matches and go with an unchanged squad, following up wins at QPR and Stoke with a 0-0 home draw with Derby, then winning 2-1 at local rivals Bolton on Saturday.
They have only won one of their last six home matches though and face a Norwich team who have lost just one of their last 19 matches in the league.
- 1 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 2 Primary school left without governors after mass walkout
- 3 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 4 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 5 John Bailey: Lord Botham, our cricketing angler/conservationist
- 6 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 7 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 8 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 9 Protests planned against soaring fuel prices
- 10 Screams of daughter run over by her dad heard by murder jury
That includes a club record of 13 away games unbeaten, following a superb 3-1 win over promotion rivals Leeds in their last trip.
PRESTON: Rudd; Fisher, Storey, Davies, Hughes; Pearson; Gallagher (C), Potts, Browne, Barkhuizen; Maguire. Subs: Crowe (GK), Earl, Clarke, Johnson, Ledson, Stockley, Nmecha
NORWICH: Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Godfrey, Lewis; Tettey (C), Trybull; Buendia, Stiepermann, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Hanley, Passlack, McLean, Cantwell, Srbeny, Rhodes
• You can follow all the action from tonight's game with our reporters in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live
• Make sure to download the Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis from our Canaries correspondents, available for free in your mobile device's app store