Norwich City v Chelsea - Player ratings
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Player ratings for both Norwich City and Chelsea following their Premier League clash.
• Norwich City
6 John Ruddy: Exhibited unusual levels of hesitancy against Demba Ba. Mixed bag all afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
7 Russell Martin: Teed up Robert Snodgrass before the interval with one adventurous burst.
6 Michael Turner: Struggled to contain Ba in the frenetic early stages. Lost him badly for the first goal.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 6 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 7 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 8 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release
- 9 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 10 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
6 Sebastien Bassong: Improved, along with Norwich. Excellent anticipation to foil Ba in the first period.
7 Martin Olsson: Superb cross brought Norwich's equaliser. Attacking outlet all afternoon.
7 Leroy Fer: More than equal to challenging the Blues' glitterati. Kept City on the front foot.
8 Jonny Howson: Passing, vision and creative intent. City's best work had Howson at the fulcrum.
6 Robert Snodgrass: Struggling of late on his set-piece deliveries. Prodigious work-rate.
6 Alex Tettey: Miscued clearance for the decisive second goal marred another impressive shift.
7 Anthony Pilkington: Goalscoring instincts brought the equaliser. Strong penalty shout and a menace all day.
7 Ricky van Wolfswinkel: Deserved the standing ovation. Key assist for the equaliser. Combative against John Terry.
Subs: Nathan Redmond (for Pilkington) 7, Gary Hooper (for Van Wolfswinkel) 6
6 Petr Cech: For all City's possession not really worked sufficiently. Competent throughout.
6 Branislav Ivanovic: Hands full with Anthony Pilkington in full flow. Not offered much protection.
6 David Luiz: Sprayed one or two trademark passes. Questionable defending for Norwich's goal.
6 John Terry: One last-ditch stretch foiled Ricky van Wolfswinkel.
6 Ashley Cole: Hooked as Chelsea went in search of a winner. No longer the attacking threat of old.
7 Ramires: Great foil for Frank Lampard with his industry and appetite to get up and down the park.
6 Frank Lampard: One second-half free kick thudded against City's wall, but only a fitful presence.
7 Oscar: Wonderful first time hit guided past John Ruddy for the opener. Class act.
6 Juan Mata: Looked in the mood when Chelsea pressed early on, but faded after the interval.
6 Andre Schurrle: The German struggled with the pace and intensity. Wayward shooting.
6 Demba Ba: Fantastic first half. Assist for the goal. Denied by Ruddy. Missed a second-half sitter.
Subs: Eden Hazard (for Cole) 7, Samuel Eto'o (for Ba) 5, Willian (for Mata) 7