Norwich City v Aston Villa - Player ratings
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Player ratings for both Norwich City and Aston Villa following their Premier League clash.
• Norwich City:
7 John Ruddy: One-man barrier at times in the first period. Quieter shift after the interval.
6 Russell Martin: Grew into the contest. Auxilliary attacking option in the second period.
6 Michael Turner: One block on Christian Benteke prevented a certain goal. Exposed on the winner.
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 2 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 4 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 5 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 6 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 7 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 8 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 9 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
- 10 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
5 Sebastien Bassong: Injury-curtailed shift. Paid for an attempted offside call on goal. Struggled with Benteke.
6 Javier Garrido: Peach of a late cross should have brought the equaliser. Nullified Aleksandar Tonev.
7 Leroy Fer: Dawdled once in the first half and nearly paid a price. Vision and thrust from central areas.
6 Jonny Howson: Saw plenty of the ball. Looked an effective counter-point in tandem with Leroy Fer.
6 Robert Snodgrass: Missed penalty, carved out two chances for van Wolfswinkel. Crossing awry after the break.
6 Johan Elmander: Plenty of toil and work off the ball. Not offering anything in an attacking threat.
6 Nathan Redmond: Teed up van Wolfswinkel in the first period. Promise but little sustained end product.
6 Ricky van Wolfswinkel: Judged on goals and it was another misfiring day that could have been so different.
Subs: Ryan Bennett (for Bassong) , Gary Hooper (for Elmander) , Anthony Pilkington (for Redmond)
• Aston Villa:
8 Brad Guzan: Out-witted Robert Snodgrass on the penalty. Adjusted superbly to deny Gary Hooper.
7 Leandro Bacuna: Fine athlete. Matched Nathan Redmond for pace. Strong in the tackle.
6 Ron Vlaar: Good tussle with Ricky van Wolfswinkel. One late block denied his Dutch compatriot.
7 Ciaran Clark: Commanding display after his first team elevation. Recovered strongly from penalty.
5 Antonio Luna: Routinely over-run in the second period with the adventure of Russell Martin.
5 Aleksandar Tonev: Careless in possession. Offered little protection to Leandro Bacuna.
6 Karim El Ahmadi: Admirable discipline to sit during a second half spent largely on the back foot.
6 Fabian Delph: Ran the show at Carrow Road last time. This time had serious competition in Leroy Fer.
6 Andreas Weimann: Less effective than in recent visits to Carrow Road. Led break-outs late on.
7 Gabby Agbonlahor: Forced off with an ankle problem. Assist for the goal. Creator of first half mayhem.
6 Christian Benteke: Thankfully for City succumbed to injury. Denied once by Michael Turner. Powerhouse.
Subs: Nicklas Helenius (for Agbonlahor) 5, Yacouba Sylla (for Tonev) 5, Libor Kozak (for Benteke) 7