Stoke City U23s 1 Norwich City U23s 3: Young Canaries make extra man tell at FA’s headquarters
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City's Under-23s made their extra man tell to secure a 3-1 win at Stoke in Premier League Two.
Stoke's Moussa Niakate saw red six minutes before the break when the score was 1-1 and the Canaries went on to score twice after the break to seal a deserved win.
In a match played at the FA's headquarters at St George's Park, City took the lead on 24 minutes when Todd Cantwell's corner eluded everyone and found the back of the net.
Stoke equalised almost immediately as Niakate's cross was turned in by Tyrese Campbell, but they then suffered a setback when Niakate was dismissed for kicking out at Cantwell.
Norwich went in front on 67 minutes through Pierre Fonkeu, who netted after pouncing on a poor backpass, and the win was confirmed three minutes from time when Devonte Aransibia fired home from the edge of the box.
You may also want to watch:
The City side included midfielder Jordan Edwards, who is on a two-week trial having previously played at Swindon Town.
Norwich U23s: Oxborough (C); Sambu, Odusina, Wallis, Kamal (Middleton 59); Fonkeu, Aransibia, Crowe, Edwards (Payne 72), Cantwell; Abrahams (Higgs 81). Unused sub: Hallett (GK), McIntosh
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency