Stoke City U23s 1 Norwich City U23s 3: Young Canaries make extra man tell at FA’s headquarters
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City's Under-23s made their extra man tell to secure a 3-1 win at Stoke in Premier League Two.
Stoke's Moussa Niakate saw red six minutes before the break when the score was 1-1 and the Canaries went on to score twice after the break to seal a deserved win.
In a match played at the FA's headquarters at St George's Park, City took the lead on 24 minutes when Todd Cantwell's corner eluded everyone and found the back of the net.
Stoke equalised almost immediately as Niakate's cross was turned in by Tyrese Campbell, but they then suffered a setback when Niakate was dismissed for kicking out at Cantwell.
Norwich went in front on 67 minutes through Pierre Fonkeu, who netted after pouncing on a poor backpass, and the win was confirmed three minutes from time when Devonte Aransibia fired home from the edge of the box.
You may also want to watch:
The City side included midfielder Jordan Edwards, who is on a two-week trial having previously played at Swindon Town.
Norwich U23s: Oxborough (C); Sambu, Odusina, Wallis, Kamal (Middleton 59); Fonkeu, Aransibia, Crowe, Edwards (Payne 72), Cantwell; Abrahams (Higgs 81). Unused sub: Hallett (GK), McIntosh
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 5 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 9 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 10 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople