Norwich City Under-21s prepare to take on Manchester City U21s at Carrow Road
- Credit: JASON DAWSON/JASONPIX
Norwich City Under-21s will look to get their season back on track when they take on Manchester City at Carrow Road on Friday evening.
The young Canaries are currently on a five-match winless streak and sit bottom of the U21 Premier League Division One table, losing heavily in their last two matches, 7-0 at Manchester United and 5-0 at Chelsea.
The match is likely to feature several players who faced each other on Monday, when Manchester City's U18s beat the Canaries 2-0 in the sixth round of the FA Youth Cup.
Norwich U21s coach, Dmitri Halajko, said: 'Our guys have gotten over the disappointment so we're hoping that we've learnt a lot from that, but we'll only find that out over the course of these next four or five games.
'We'll have four or five from the Youth Cup side involved, with the next couple of days giving us a chance to properly train our group on match preparation in regards to how to stop them and what we need to do when we're in control.'
Halajko's side are unbeaten in their last three matches at Carrow Road, thrashing Southampton 7-2 and drawing with Manchester United and Liverpool.
You may also want to watch:
'Man City are a very good technical side, with multi-million pound international players,' he added, speaking to City's website. 'They'll look to dominate the ball but we want to stifle them and play our own way.'
Entry to the match is free, with kick-off at 7pm.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp