Norwich City Under-18s boss Neil Adams thrilled as FA Youth Cup final tickets hit 17,000
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
The Canaries are expecting a crowd of well over 17,000 for Monday's FA Youth Cup final first leg against Chelsea at Carrow Road (7.45pm).
Tickets for the game are still available at £2 for all supporters, and City Under-18s boss Neil Adams is thrilled with the response.
He said: 'I've been told 14,500 tickets have already been sold so we're looking at between 15,000 and 20,000 and that's always going to inspire and help players.
'We're really excited about it. The support we've had is little short of amazing.
'The people of Norwich and Norfolk like their football and it shows they want to see young players coming through and they want to go and support them and see what they're all about.
You may also want to watch:
'The support we had in the semi-final against Nottingham Forest was absolutely fantastic with nearly 10,000 fans and we're looking at 5,000 or more on top of that again.'
Parking for Monday's game will be available from 5.30pm at County Hall, priced at £2 per vehicle.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
The date of the second leg of the final at Stamford Bridge has been confirmed as Monday, May 13 (7.45pm). Tickets are £5 for adults and £3 for over-65s and under-16s and will go on sale from 9am on Monday.
Tickets for this game must be bought in advance and will not be available at Stamford Bridge on the night.
The date means the Norfolk Senior Cup final between Norwich City and Wroxham has been switched and will now take place at Carrow Road on Thursday, May 16 (7.30pm).