Norwich City Under-18s 1, Blackburn Rovers Under-18s 3
Blackburn Rovers paid their first visit to Colney and made the long trip worthwhile when they snapped up all three FA Premier Academy League points against a Norwich City side that included five unfamiliar faces.
City goalkeeper Liam Sharpe was called into action early in the first half to deny Blackburn's Jordan Preston, while at the other end City's only effort worthy of mention in a disappointing first half came when Josh Saremento struck the side netting.
Rovers took the lead after 39 minutes when a far post cross eluded the City defence, allowing Callum Harris to find the net.
City needed to step up their game after the break and they did just that on 53 minutes some good build-up play from Carlton Morris enabled Roderick Young to fire the ball into the roof of the net.
City were playing their best football of the game and Lewis Hayden pulled a shot just wide of the Rovers goal while Young fired a shot over after cutting in from the right.
You may also want to watch:
But with 65 minutes gone, the visitors restored their lead with a quick break down the right flank, Preston sending in an inviting cross that Ryan Humphreys converted at the far post.
For City, substitute Rian Carroll sent a shot across the face of the goal but with 75 minutes gone, Rovers extended their lead when Humphreys was on hand at the far post to secure his second and his side's third.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 9 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 10 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
• Norwich City Under-18 - Sharpe, Wyatt, Grant (Toffolo, 68), Hayden, McFadden (Carroll, 45), Lokko, Sarmento, Heath (Freeman, 45), Morris, McGeehan, Young. Subs (not used) Gill, Hodd.
• City man of match: Carlton Morris.