Norwich City Under-18s 0, Everton Under-18s 3
The young Canaries were beaten at home once again in the FA Premier Academy League, as the focus now switches to Wednesday's FA Youth Cup third round tie against Queens Park Rangers at Carrow Road.
With some scholars rested or away with the under-21s, City were unable to break down a stubborn Everton defence at Colney. After Gethin Jones gave Everton an early lead, they sealed the win with a second half brace from Callum Dyson.
The Canaries threatened with Cameron Norman and Rian Carroll having efforts, but the visitors held on for what was a well-deserved victory.
Jones headed a right wing corner past City 'keeper Joe Gill in the 14th minute to put Everton ahead.
Dyson's first-time finish from Ben McLaughlin's cross doubled the visitors' lead on 62 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Everton put the result beyond any doubt in the 77th minute when Dyson grabbed a second, nipping in at the far post to make sure Harry Charsley's shot found the back of the net.
City coach Neil Adams told the club's official website: 'I was pleased with some of the individual performances from the lads, but I can have no complaints about the result.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
'I thought Everton had more desire than us today, which is a little bit disappointing, because I think that leads to quality football.'
• Norwich City Under-18: Gill, Carroll, Grant, Hayden, Fox, Lokko, Norman, Young, Saint Louis (Peacock 55), Sarmento (Sweeney 74), Browne. Subs (not used): Wyatt, Oxborough, Hodd.
• Everton Under-18: Griffiths, Duffus, Johns, Kenny, Langton, Molyneux, Jones, Williams, Wring, Charsley, Dyson. Subs: McLaughlin, Thornley, Newell, Davies, Connolly.