Norwich City U23s to face Dinamo Zagreb in Premier League International Cup quarter-finals
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City Under-23s will face their counterparts from Dinamo Zagreb in the quarter-finals of the Premier League International Cup.
The young Canaries sealed top spot in their group with a dramatic 4-3 win over Aston Villa at Carrow Road earlier this month, to book their place in the last eight.
The draw was made this morning and pitted City against the youngsters of the reigning Croatian champions – where Canaries first team player Ivo Pinto was playing before his move to England a year ago.
The development side of the 18-time champions of Croatia qualified automatically after finishing top of their group, which also included Swansea, Chelsea and Feyenoord – edging the Swans into top spot on goal difference.
Zagreb drew 0-0 at Swansea in November before beating Chelsea 1-0 at Aldershot and Feyenoord 3-0 at Chelsea's Cobham Training Centre in December.
The date for the match has not yet been confirmed but must be held before March 1, with the match to be settled with extra-time and penalties if needed after 90 minutes.
Premier League International Cup quarter-final draw
Sunderland v Athletic Bilbao
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 4 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 5 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday
- 6 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 7 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 8 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 9 North Norfolk glamping site named among best in the UK
- 10 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
Swansea v Hertha Berlin
Man Utd v Porto
Norwich v Dinamo Zagreb