Norwich City U18s set for Stadium of Light clash with Sunderland in FA Youth Cup
- Credit: JASON DAWSON
Norwich City's under-18s are set for a taste of the big time after it was confirmed their upcoming FA Youth Cup tie will be played at Sunderland's Stadium of Light stadium.
The young Canaries won 3-1 at Hull City in the third round last month to set up a clash with Sunderland's U18s.
That fourth round tie has now been scheduled for Wednesday, January 13 (7pm kick-off) and will be played at the 49,000-capacity stadium.
Sunderland won 5-1 at Mansfield Town in the previous round to set up the clash with the Canaries, who beat Hull thanks to two goals from Benny Ashley-Seal and a third from Todd Cantwell.
That game was played at the home of North Ferriby United, the Eon Visual Media Stadium, which holds up to 2,700 people.
You may also want to watch:
A trip to Middlesbrough or Tottenham Hotspur awaits in the fifth round for the victors. Graeme Murty's team are looking to repeat the success of City's U18 team of 2013, who lifted the trophy after beating Chelsea in the final.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk