Norwich City U18 1, Southampton U18 2
The young Canaries' four-game unbeaten run in the FA Premier Academy League came to an end after a late winner from the Saints secured the points at Colney.
Things started well for City, with Jason Dobbs giving Ricky Martin's side a 1-0 lead after just four minutes, but Joe Curtis levelled with a follow-up to Jake Sinclair's penalty 10 minutes later.
Sinclair then sealed the victory for the Saints in stoppage time, getting onto the end of a high ball into the box to make it 2-1.
Academy manager Martin told the club's official website: 'It was disappointing today and in the end the result wasn't good. I didn't feel the performances of the past few weeks were there today, but we'll pick ourselves up. The boys will need to react because we've a tough game against Fulham coming up next.'
• Norwich City Under-18: Matthews, Florence, Toffolo, Clunan, McFadden, McKenzie, Peacock, Dobbs, Howard, McGeehan, Jacob Murphy.
• Southampton Under-18: Johns, Stephens, Turnbull, Mugabi, O'Sullivan, McCarthy, Reed, Gape, Curtis, Ward-Baptiste, Sinclair.
• City's FA Youth Cup third round tie at home to Oldham or Macclesfield will be played at Carrow Road on Tuesday, December 13.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 5 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 6 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 7 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 8 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 10 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene